Friday, March 9, 2007

Family Concerns

Well the past week has been very hectic. First of all we just got back from our prenatal and all went well. I am huge, I weigh the same amount now that I did when I had Rozzie and I started out 10 pounds thinner. Norma seems pretty confident that most of my weight is fluids and baby. This baby appears to be bigger than Rozzie. For one it is definately taller as the head is on my bladder and the butt is up in my ribcage. I am still measuring a little big for date but there is no concern. So I may be looking at a 9 pounder here.

The bad news. My dad has a mass in the main bronchial of his left lung. That is all we know at the moment. They are trying to get him into a pulmonologist for a biopsy soon, but it may be late April or early May before we know any details. I will pray that this is just a benign growth that can be easily excised. My father is not and was not a cigarette smoker.

I am going to start providing lactation assistance to new mothers at the base clinic on Thursday afternoons. I am very excited about this opportunity and I feel that I will be providing a real asset to our community.

That's All for Now,
Shauna

No comments: